Dr Sian Oram
Dr Sian Oram is the Head of the Section of Women’s Mental Health and Reader in Women’s Mental Health at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience at King’s College London. Her research focuses on interpersonal trauma, its intersection with sex and gender and with institutional and societal structure, and its relationship to mental health. She has an interest in developing methods for safe, ethical, and participatory research with and by people affected by trauma and abuse, and has expertise in qualitative methods, evidence synthesis, and evaluation research.
Dr Sharli Paphitis
Dr Sharli Anne Paphitis has overseen strategic partnerships across multiple research institutes for engaged and participatory projects investigating issues of epistemic injustice inherent in health and development interventions in Southern Africa. Her research has focused on modern slavery, violence and abuse and mental health.
VAMHN Lived Experience Advisory Group Coordinator
Lisa joined the VAMHN as our Lived Experience Involvement Consultant. Lisa is the CEO of the Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse & Rape Crisis Centre, and a lived experience consultant and researcher focusing on lived experience of violence and abuse. She will be involved in coordinating the network's Lived Experience Advisory Group.
The Team gratefully acknowledges colleagues across multiple institutions who founded the VAMHN:
- Prof. Louise Howard, King's College London
- Prof. Helen Fisher, King's College London
- Prof. Seena Fazel, University of Oxford
- Dr Rachel Hewitt, Newcastle University
- Prof. Sylvia Walby, Royal Holloway
- Prof. Ravi Thiara, University of Warwick
- Dr Emma Howarth, University of East London
- Dr Alana Harris, King's College London
- Dr Angela Sweeney, Kings' College London
- Dr Jude Towers, Edge Hill University
- Dr Leonie Tanczer, University College London